26 Февраль 2013 г. 14:27:06 пользователь Nikola Smolenski (smole...@eunet.rs)
написал:

On 26/02/13 04:18, Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Sure, for starters. :) Bear in mind, if we want to keep support for all
> these dbs, every change to the database schema has to (at some point)
> result in a change to separate SQL files for each DB (MySQL and SQLite
> use the same ones).    For instance, there is a separate active
> oracle/tables.sql.
I am wondering if it would make sense to give up on SQL, make universal table creation functions in PHP, the same way there are for other queries, and use that. Has anyone tried this before, is there other software that works like this?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/108699/good-php-orm-library

By the way, MySQL 5.6 is out and it supports fulltext search indexation for
InnoDB tables. They also promise better peformance on large hardware.
Still cannot find 12.04 ppa for 5.6.10, though and do not want to go troubles
installing from source (although I installed MySQL from source some years ago)..
Why going another database engines besides MySQL / MariaDB?
Dmitriy