On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Marc A. Pelletier <m...@uberbox.org> wrote:

> I think that determination needs to be made by Counsel, not on a guess.
 I've quite some knowledge of copyright myself, and I know enough that the
matter is subtle enough that this declaration is, at best, an
oversimplification that cannot possibly reflect reality.

Agreed, but even without legal training it's pretty clear this is a
requirement. Quoting from CC-BY-SA:

> You must include a copy of, or the Uniform Resource Identifier for, this
License with every copy or phonorecord of the Work You distribute, publicly
display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform. [...] ou must
keep intact all notices that refer to this License and to the disclaimer of
warranties.

And then in the GPL:

> b) The work must carry prominent notices stating that it is released
under this License and any conditions added under section 7. This
requirement modifies the requirement in section 4 to “keep intact all
notices”.

Later in the license it specifies that also binary forms of the work that
are conveyed must also comply with these restrictions.

--
Tyler Romeo
Major in Computer Science