Can we please be real here? The reason more contributors come in through
GitHub than through Gerrit is because they *already have a GitHub account*.
My browser is always logged into GitHub, and it's at the point where I can
casually just fork a project and begin working on it, whereas with Gerrit
you need to request an account.

Like I said before, if you know how to use Git, you know how to use Gerrit
(and the contra-positive is true as well). The primary thing holding people
back is that it's confusing and not user friendly enough to make an account
and get working. Imagine if people could sign into Gerrit using their
Google accounts like Phabricator allows. I can guarantee participation
would skyrocket.

*--*
*Tyler Romeo*
Major in Computer Science