This list is about "the technical organization of the Wikimedia projects."

That includes MediaWiki programming and related things,
but certainly not general Unix IO programming.

And the fact that a page on a Wikimedia wiki talks about it doesn't
change anything about that.

So I'm afraid you will have to find help elsewhere.
Personally, I would suggest that you ask your questions on stackoverflow.com.

Petr Onderka
[[en:User:Svick]]