I think the caricature of OAuth there should be taken with a grain of
salt. The author talks about "OAuth", but seems to be referring to
OAuth 2 primarily, which is very different from OAuth 1. Also, the
author says that the protocol was designed for authorizing
website-to-website communication, but then says it's insecure in a
desktop app environment, which it is. They also point to the (very
good) article about using OAuth for authentication, which again, the
protocol was not designed for.

So yes, if you don't use the protocol in the way it's intended,
absolutely it's insecure. The same can be said for AES encryption
(like if you use it in cbc mode to protect predictable messages).
Should you trust a system just because it's using OAuth? Definitely
not. But is it insecure just because it's using OAuth? I would say no.
If you disagree, you can even get paid if you can find a flaw in
Facebook's implementation, so you should take them up on it :)