Thanks for bringing this up MZ. I completely agree with you. The amount of
times I've had to link people on irc to a comment to see it is ridiculous.

I'm not sure what the exact solution is but I feel we need to improve it in
gerrit itself rather than move to bugzilla.

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 7:39 PM, MZMcBride <z...@mzmcbride.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm concerned that Gerrit actively discourages discussion currently. I see
> a few issues:
>
> * auto-collapsing all comments except the most recent;
> * no reply feature or support for quoting (similar to what Bugzilla uses);
> and
> * the "add comment" feature doesn't allow you to write a comment while
> viewing the code or viewing the other comments, resulting in an awful
> workflow for me when attempting to write a comment.
>
> Is there some way to address these issues? Would it make sense to move all
> discussion back to Bugzilla? Is there some way to adjust Gerrit's behavior
> here? Or perhaps I'm the only one who finds this problematic.
>
> MZMcBride

Jon Robson
http://jonrobson.me.uk
@rakugojon