I would hope that the widgets we have developed for the Wikidata desktop UI
- especially the Entity Selector widget - would be reusable on mobile.

It would also be extremely good to look in what the mobile team is doing
for Wikipedia. Since both is MediaWiki in the backend anyway, I would
assume that the Wikipedia Mobile code has a lot of reusable parts, or even
should be a commons start ground. Brion, did you have a look at how
feasible that would be?

I disagree with Nishayn -- I don't think that's too big for a GSoC. It
really depends on where you draw the line and how perfect you want to be,
but we would define that in a way that makes it feasibly sized.

2013/4/9 Nischay Nahata <nischay...@gmail.com>

> At first glance this looks too big a project for GSoC.
>

> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Pragun Bhutani <pragu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I plan to propose a GSOC project through Wikimedia this year, based
> around
> > the idea of mobilizing Wikidata. I'd like to share my understanding of
> the
> > problem and gain some feedback on that, as well as some more input from
> the
> > community.
> > *
> > *
> > *Problem at hand:*
> > *
> > *
> > Unlike Wikipedia, which displays information as mainly text, WIkidata
> > presents information in the form of a grid of divs. While the
> > MobileFrontend extension prints a mobile friendly version of Wikipedia,
> > there needs to be a separate extension for Wikidata.
> >
> > This extension needs to be tailored to print these grids instead of text
> > and lay them out in a way that's suitable for a mobile device.
> >
> > Additionally, the design should allow the addition of/should include
> 'edit'
> > functionality tailored to suit a mobile device.
> >
> >    - Has there been any previous work done on this front that I could
> refer
> >    to?
> >
> > I look forward to receiving your feedback.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Pragun Bhutani
>

> --
> Cheers,