I doubt the silverlight control would work with a category that has a
million entries in it (and yes there are categories that big)

-bawolff

On 2013-04-11 11:56 AM, "Small M" <smallma...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> One of the demo collections originally shown in pivot was wikipedia
article's sorted by category. Though the collections are no longer up, you
can see videos at:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZuFUZpEZ-A?t=2m30s
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgxCvdoXpwM
>
> It was done before (albeit using a dedicated viewer which is now a
silverlight control). So it can be done.

wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org>
> Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 6:42 PM
> Subject: Re: [Wikitech-l] Sort on category
>

> On 2013-04-10 10:25 PM, "Small M" <smallma...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >

> > Are there any plans to have a tool that would allow to dynamically sort
content based on category? Single category views, especially for large
categories, aren't particularly helpful.

> > Something similar to what Microsoft's pivot demo had?
> >
> > An HTML5 example at:
> > http://pivot.lobsterpot.com.au/pass2012.htm
> >
> > -Small
> No, there are no current plans for doing this. Interesting idea though.
If I understand you correctly you want a category page where things are
grouped by what other categories a page is a member of.
> I don't think such a thing can be done in an efficient manner for big
categories given the way category membership is currently stored.