Hi Yanna :)

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 6:41 PM, Yanna Wu <wuyanna2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Yanna and I'm interested in this mobilizing Wikidata idea. I
> have read the thread about the topic and I agree with the idea that we can
> first use MobileFront to see the result. My suggestion regard to the

Awesome!

> data-editing feature is that we should remove the column of edit button and
> implement gestures recognition on each editable entry. The editing feature
> can be called upon certain gesture. Currently I can think of two solutions:
> 1. long press gesture. After a long press is detected, the edit or add menu
> should pop up, thus allowing the pressed entry to be modified. 2. Second
> tap detect. When the user first tap the entry, it becomes highlighted. If
> the highlighted entry is tapped again, then it turns to the state of being
> modified. So that's basically my suggestions, I'd like to hear about your
> opinions.

My personal preference is long press gesture but that is really just a
gut-feeling at this point.

> I have some experience with PhoneGap, using html/css to build native mobile
> apps. I also have experiences with mobile app development (specifically ios
> app), so I'm familiar with the mobile UI development. I think my experience
> will help a lot in mobilizing Wikidata. I'm planning to apply for the GSOC
> AND the Outreach Program for Women. I'm looking forward to some suggestions
> about what I could contribute.

Great. There are a lot of Wikidata coding tasks waiting for volunteers
here:
https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/buglist.cgi?keywords=need-volunteer%2C%20&keywords_type=allwords&emailcc1=1&resolution=---&emailtype1=exact&emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&email1=wikidata-bugs%40lists.wikimedia.org&list_id=162515
 Maybe one of them is for you?

Cheers
Lydia

Community Communications for Technical Projects

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Obentrautstr. 72
10963 Berlin
www.wikimedia.de