Thank you Teresa for your reply, spot on.

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Teresa Cho <tcho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mine is pretty sparse and not the best example of a good proposal.

It was good enough to get you acepted in the previous OPW round.

Thanks to Lydia we have now a link to a collection of real & good GSoC
proposals:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1Iqk8MTix2CN1pAgqhZqhefKTwiA7P73zQH9N46lvyB0

>> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2013>
>> >
>> > The deadline is May 3. In the meantime, the Outreach Program for Women
>> > application period is also open, until May 1.
>> >
>> > We recommend all candidates to apply soon and be ready to improve your
>> > project proposals fast based on feedback received.

We have got 3 candidates already!

MENTORS:

Make sure your students are submitting their proposals through the
GSoC tool AND make sure you are adding yourselves as "wishing to"
mentors:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/melange/student-application-phase/

Only then a project will have a mentor officially assigned, regardless
of what you have agreed in other channels. Projects without mentors
officially assigned have no chance after the deadline of May 3.

--
Quim Gil
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation