Hi Vivek,

On 04/29/2013 02:56 AM, Vivek Rai wrote:
Hi,

My idea of contribution to Visual Editor is in a very naive state and I
don't know whether it will in full feature state before the deadline of
GSoC this year. Sorry for being late.

There are still several days to go before the deadline.

We have already some VisualEditor related proposals at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Summer_of_Code_2013#Confirmed_candidates . The VE team is small and busy, and there is just so many projects they will be able to take (regardless of the amount of slots Google gives us). If someone wants to propose a VE related project you need to aim for something better / sharper than the existing proposals.

At the time, we are focusing at giving the users a real time, true 'visual'
experience of editing on Wikipedia, It is also necessary to make sure that
the editing speed and flexibility offered by the tools is maintained. If it
takes too much time to perform an edit, structure the paragraph or switch
between tools would eventually hamper the interest of editor especially in
case of writing long article.

I had previously worked on a VIM type text area which enabled users to edit
text in VIM mode (the popular text) editor, and thereby increasing the
speed of editing and maintaining the text. I was hoping of a similar
integration with Visual Editor. I hope a major improvement to this idea can
be done which can offer enhancement to regular contributors of Wikipedia.

Also, if there is anything extra (and I believe there is) which can be
added to this very naive idea to create something universal and better. If
there exists already any extension upon which it can be build upon, please
let us know.

Well, at least my problem is that I don't get what feature(s) are you proposing. You are encouraged to draft a more specific plan in a wiki page. See http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Summer_of_Code_2013#Where_to_start and http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2013-April/068842.html for general advice.

--
Quim Gil
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation