On 04/30/2013 08:25 AM, Indrani Sen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am summarizing here my proposal idea for OPW MediaWiki projects.
>
> Objective: To test MediaWiki/WikiPedia websites across different
> browsers. To make sure various website features are supported on
> different browser platforms. This is mainly functionality testing of
> website features. When a new feautre is implemented, regression
> testing to be done to make sure existing feaures work fine. Once the
> tests are passed, it can be confirmed that the tested feature support
> the particular browsers.
>
> Scope: To do functionality testing of selected features(i.e
> Print/Export PDF option etc. ) of the website on selected browser(i.e
> IE, FF, Chrome etc.) This is nothing to do with Performance Testing,
> Load Testing of the website.

Thank you for your proposal.  I think the scope should be more specific.
 There are of course a vast number of MediaWiki features, including many
in extensions.  Some of these already have browser tests.  Many do not.

Your proposal should try to give a clear idea of what tests (which
extensions, which parts of MediaWiki core, etc.) you will work on.

Matt Flaschen