Hi,

Just a reminder that the Google Summer of Code deadline is tomorrow, May 3 at 19:00 UTC

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20130503T19

So far we have 33 students going after a total of 27 projects:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Summer_of_Code_2013#Students

Last year Wikimedia got 8 GSoC slots. We hope to get more this year, but in any case it is clear that we can expect a tough selection process for everybody.

Speaking of which: you can help! (yes, YOU)

Everybody is encouraged to

* Vote and contribute to the technical discussion about features at their Bugzilla reports. * Endorse and comment on students' proposals at their discussion wiki pages.

We will use this feedback as one of several factors to prioritize features and candidates.

Also, be aware of our selection process:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Mentorship_programs/Selection_process#Selecting_the_right_ones

Thank you for your help and good luck to all the students!

--
Quim Gil
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation