A friend of mine is co-organizing a conference about APIs. She asked me if there is someone from Wikimedia or the community who would be interested in participating. It will take place in Parc 55 Hotel in San Francisco on October 23, 24, 25. A bit of information about the conference:

APIStrat is a vendor neutral conference, and we are committed to promote API usage/knowledge, and specifically with the event, to build a great program with interesting content and actually create something that is useful for the community. People behind it are Kin Lane (@apievangelist) and 3Scale. Here you can see speakers from the previous event: http://apistrategyconference.com/2013NYC/speakers.php, where they brought together over 350 people. Videos of the previous event can be found here: http://www.infoq.com/api-strategy-practice/

This time we are expecting between 500-600 attendees, and it will be both service providers and API consumers (developers). The previous edition was mostly addressed to providers, but we will have an exclusive track addressed to developers in this edition.

They'd like us to:

- talk about how much traffic we deal with, how do we do it, who uses our API (or something similar that we think would be of general interest), - participate in the "APIs in Government - Towards a Data Commons" panel giving the perspective of a non-profit (they aim to have federal, state, education, international, and non-profit representation in this panel).

Seems interesting. Is there anyone who'd be interested in giving a talk or participating in a panel there?

--
Juliusz