On 2013-05-19 10:09 PM, "K. Peachey" <p858sn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 4:34 AM, Matthew Flaschen
> <mflasc...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> > We should give people a heads up, unless/until it's reconsidered and we
> > decide to undeprecate it (maintain support indefinitely).
> >
> > Matt Flaschen
>
> Um, how it be discussed and considered to deprecate it in the first place?

It seems a little odd to deprecate something due to load, when
realistically we probably represent 95% of the load due to that feature.
(Number pulled out of a hat. I have no idea what the real numbers are, but
ive never heard of anyone other than mediawiki using that feature, and we
use it quite a lot). Im also not a fan of telling people not to do
something and then doing it ourselves.

-bawolff