Awesome, that looks already pretty promising!

I am not completely sure I understand a few things:

107----4167410
106
107----215627
156

what do the two properties without a value mean here?

I would have expected:

107----4167410
107----215627

and now ask for suggested values for 31,
or for suggested properties to add.

But these are already details. The results seem pretty promising.

How quickly are updates processed by the backend, any idea?

2013/5/21 Nilesh Chakraborty <nil...@nileshc.com>

> Hello,
>
> I have some updates on the Entity Suggester prototype. Here are the two
> repos:
> 1. https://github.com/nilesh-c/wikidata-entity-suggester
> 2. https://github.com/nilesh-c/wes-php-client
>
> As it stands now, deployment-wise, I have a single Java war file that's
> deployed on Tomcat. And there's a PHP client that can be used from PHP code
> to push data into or fetch suggestions from that engine.
>
> I have made a simple, crude demo that you can access here
> -http://home.nileshc.com/wesTest.php.
> You can find the code for it in the wes-php-client repo. It's hosted on my
> home desktop temporarily. I am having some non-technical problems with the
> VPS I'm managing and customer support is working on it. After it starts to
> work, I may try deploying this to the VPS. So, if you have to face an
> embarrassing 404 page, I'm really sorry, I'll be working on it. If it stays
> up, well and good. :)
> <http://home.nileshc.com/wesTest.php>
>
> You can give it a bunch of property IDs, or a bunch of property-value
> pairs, or a mix of both; select the the type of recommendation and hit "Get
> suggestions!" :) Feedback is much appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Nilesh
>

> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 2:36 AM, Matthew Flaschen
> <mflasc...@wikimedia.org>wrote:
>
> > On 05/13/2013 04:28 PM, Nilesh Chakraborty wrote:
> > > Hi Matt,
> > >
> > > Yes, you're right, they are available as separately licensed downloads.
> > > Only the stand-alone "Serving Layer" is needed for the Entity
> Suggester.
> > > It's licensed under Apache v. 2.0. Since I'm using the software as-is,
> > > without any code modifications, I suppose it's compatible with what
> > > Wikidata would allow?
> >
> > Apache 2.0-licensed software should be fine, even if you do need/want to
> > modify it.
> >
> > Matt Flaschen

> --
> A quest eternal, a life so small! So don't just play the guitar, build one.
> You can also email me at cont...@nileshc.com or visit my
> website<http://www.nileshc.com/>

Project director Wikidata
Tel. +49-30-219 158 26-0 | http://wikimedia.de