On 05/06/13 02:37, Tyler Romeo wrote:
On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 8:35 PM, Chris Steipp<cste...@wikimedia.org>  wrote:

We initially were going to use your patch and limit based on module,
but there were a few places where that seemed too course. But then if
we just used user rights, then to edit a page the user needed to grant
8 (iirc) permissions.

Maybe I'm missing something, but how does editing a page require 8
permissions. Shouldn't you just need "edit"?

You also need read, but that could be an "implied permission" by presenting any of the others.

Chris, I would use the real permissions in the api. For user interface, they can be summarised by the user groups (as defined in the wiki), with an advanced option if you want the details.