On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 2:31 AM, Sumana Harihareswara <suma...@wikimedia.org
> wrote:

> My understanding is that approximately everyone who had their admin
> access removed simply got membership in groups to do the things they
> wanted to do, e.g., create new products, components, milestones, etc.
> For instance, James Forrester went from BZ admin to having pretty much
> all rights except BZ admin (edit users, products, components,
> milestones, and see security bugs).  I am no longer a BZ admin since the
> reduction, so I don't know who's got what privileges, but I know it's
> not just Foundation staff.  For some more details on what kinds of tasks
> require (or might require) Bugzilla admin rights, see
>
> https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Bugzilla_administrator_rights_policy#Tasks_which_require_being_an_administrator
> and
>
> http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/2013/05/28/understanding-bugzilla-groups-and-admin-rights/
>  .  Basically, people can do administrative stuff without being BZ
> administrators.

This makes a lot of sense. In other words, it wasn't so much as "all the
admins were removed" as it was "all the admins were categorized by what
they need to be able to do". In that case I totally understand the shift.

The only thing I'd recommend is to still maintain a public list of who has
what rights, mainly for the purpose of contact info should somebody need
something done in Bugzilla or have a question.

*-- *
*Tyler Romeo*
Major in Computer Science
www.whizkidztech.com | tylerro...@gmail.com