I think this would work well only for the use case where you're always
looking though the whole history of all pages.

How would you find the current revision of a specific page? Or all
revisions of a page?
What if you don't want the whole history, just current versions of all
pages?
And don't forget about deletions (and undeletions).

You could somewhat solve some of these problems (e.g. by adding indexes),
but I don't think you can solve all of them.

Petr Onderka