Le 2013-07-26 20:26, Amgine a écrit :
The request is to create a web-based text corpus[1] from which to derive
frequencies and then compare with existing wiktionaries. Not a light
undertaking, but one which has been proposed and implemented previously
(e.g. Connel's Gutenberg project[2])

Generically speaking, someone would need to determine the appropriate
size of the corpus sample, it's temporal currency, and the method of
creating and maintaining it. This isn't easy to do, and having no
strictures results in unwieldy and mostly irrelevant products like
Google's n-grams[3] (on the other hand, if someone can figure out how to filter n-grams usefully it would mean we don't have to build our own.)

Actually, I think it would be interesting to have a trend history of words usage over centuries (current trend would also be interesting but probably harder to implement). Wikisource may be used in order to achieve that.

Amgine

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linguistic_corpus
[2] https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/User:Connel_MacKenzie/Gutenberg
[3] http://storage.googleapis.com/books/ngrams/books/datasetsv2.html