Hi,

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 12:51:15PM +0200, rupert THURNER wrote:
As chad points out, its being served now

it's plural (robots.txt)

many thanks for getting it up quickly last time! unfortunately
https://git.wikimedia.org is unresponsive again.

Thanks for the report! I just restarted it again. Root cause was the same, unfortunately it's not just zip files that kill it; googlebot asking for every file/revision is more than enough.

Until we have a better solution (and monitoring!) in place, I changed robots.txt to Disallow /. This means no search indexing for now, unfortunately.

Faidon