Hello all,

As we outlined in our blog post on the future of HTTPS at the Wikimedia
Foundation[0], the plan is to enable HTTPS by default for logged in
users on August 21st, this Wednesday.

We are still on target for that rollout date.

As this can have severe consequences for users where HTTPS is blocked by
governments/network operators *in addition to* users who connect to
Wikimedia sites via high latency connections, we've set up a page on
MetaWiki[1] describing what is going on and what it means for users and
what they can do to report problems.

Please help watch out for any unintended consequences on August 21st and
report any negative issues to us as soon as you can. Bugzilla[2], IRC
(#wikimedia-operations), or the (forthcoming) OTRS email are all fine.
Also, feel free to email myself or ping me directly on IRC.

Best,

Greg

[0] https://blog.wikimedia.org/2013/08/01/future-https-wikimedia-projects/
[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/HTTPS
[2] https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| identi.ca: @greg                A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |