If it was six months ago, I would suggest we hand over a unique random cookie
with the redirect and verify on the HTTPS side that the cookie showed up, to
make sure that it worked.

And then only keep a success/fail log for IP block, perhaps, no user data.
That would seem privacy neutral.

Too late now to do that, though.

Sent from Kangphone