On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 6:29 AM, Brad Jorsch (Anomie) <bjor...@wikimedia.org
> wrote:

> That reminds me. The patch adds a JS hook so individual users can select
> spaces vs tabs for their newly-added lines. Is this going to cause
> complaints that pages wind up with a mixture of lines indented with spaces
> and lines indented with tabs? Also, how is indenting with tabs going to
> interact with people who use the plain-text editor rather than CodeEditor,
> since it's somewhat difficult to use tabs there because the tab key moves
> to the next form field?

IMO we should phase out use of the literal tab character, which is
very..... teletype-centric. I would recommend normalizing tabs on input
into four-spaces.

But keeping existing behavior when cut-n-pasting text with tabs isn't awful
for now, I suppose.

This doesn't add *new* tabs when typing code does it?

-- brion