Hi everyone,

Please join me in welcoming Sucheta Ghoshal as associate software engineer
in the Language Engineering team. Sucheta will be working on
internationalization and localization features for Wikimedia sites as well
as maintaining other language engineering software using Javascript,
related libraries as well as Mediawiki.

Sucheta loves to code! She has been contributing to MediaWiki as a
volunteer developer for more than a year. She has been working on Language
Coverage Matrix visualizations and contributed to EtherEditor as an intern
in the Outreach Program for Women (OPW) earlier this year. She also
participated in the Open Source Language Summit in Pune in February 2013.
Sucheta has been an open source contributor since high school and actively
contributed to various open source projects including Fedora and Mozilla.
She has been an active Wikimedian contributing in Bengali and has
participated as a member of Wikimedia Kolkata for over 3 years now. Sucheta
also claims to be a bookworm, cine buff and musician in her spare time.

She can be reached on email at sghoshal at wikimedia.org or as ‘sucheta’ on
our irc channels including #mediawiki, #wikimedia-dev and #mediawiki-i18n.

Welcome Sucheta! I am excited to have you on the language engineering team!

-Alolita

--
Alolita Sharma
Director of Engineering