On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 01:02:13PM -0700, Mark Holmquist wrote:
> The day we have all equally hoped for and dreaded is come to pass: Etherpad
> Lite has now replaced Etherpad "Classic" in production, and the labs instance
> is on its way out.
>
> This is my as-wide-as-possible email warning to say that everything on the
> labs instance, as really should have been expected, is going to be gone soon.
> Not immediately - we intend to give you two weeks to get your important data
> off the instance and onto the new one at https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/ -
> but you should _absolutely_ be moving things as soon as possible. We will
> also keep a data dump around, in case anything else needs to get pulled out
> of the pads, but I would suggest not relying on that if you don't have to.
>
> And in the future: If a URL has "wmflabs.org" in it...don't put anything,
> ANYTHING, important there. The purpose of labs is to let us experiment with
> new technology without having to worry about reliability.
>
> Thanks so much for your help and understanding in the course of this
> migration.
>
> tl;dr: http://etherpad.wmflabs.org is going down in 2 weeks, get yer stuff
> off it.

Good California morning, everyone! I will be taking down this instance at
18:00 UTC, or 11:00 PST, today. That's in TWO HOURS!

If you have any remaining etherpad documents on the labs instance, now
is most definitely the time to put them on our shiny new production server
at https://etherpad.wikimedia.org. If you don't, they will no longer be
accessible through the web interface - you'll need to contact myself or
someone else on the project to pull them out of the database.

It's been quite a ride, thanks for coming along, and thanks so much to
the ops team for their hard work getting the new instance up.

Ta,

--
Mark Holmquist
Software Engineer, Multimedia