Gabriel Wicke wrote:
>A heavily-used content API will perform better and use less resources
>when it is cacheable. This will become more important over time, so I
>believe it is worth spending a small amount of effort on now.

Sure, I think everyone agrees that a heavily used Web resource will
perform better with caching. I'm just not sure futzing around with path
names is the best way to try to ensure sustainable cacheability.

Is there a breakdown of what in a typical MediaWiki API request takes the
most time or uses the most resources (i.e., profiling a local request)? I
imagine there are multiple caching opportunities at other layers that
don't rely on path name, but it's difficult to say where you might see the
most gains without further data.

MZMcBride