Ok, I have landed:

* https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/78669 (core LESS support)
* https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/85143/ (.background-image embedding
helper function)

Any further tweaks needed on the core support should be done as separate
patches rather than additional patchsets on those, as they are merged. :)

Next steps -- review and merge when ready on usages of less:

* https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/84139/ - update for MobileFrontend
* https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/85161/ - draft core tweak

-- brion