On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 11:50 PM, Jon Robson <jdlrob...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is interesting Ori - thanks for sharing this / setting it up.

Thanks for checking it out!

Sorry to pick on this example in particular but I was surprised to see
> so much code for the Universal Language selector (ULS) - especially as
> a single language speaker I don't ever use any of them - and I am thus
> being penalised.

אנחנו במיעוט הקטן בקרב האנושות של דוברי שפות אחרות מצטערים על אי
הנוחות ומבטיחים ללמוד אנגלית בהקדם

FYI on mobile it doesn't work: I assume this just doesn't make use of
> targets in RL to allow it to run on mobile?

As I understand, the 'targets' system was put in place to prevent
mobile-inappropriate modules from being loaded by default. But this is not
loaded by default; as you point out, there's an explicit mw.loader.using()
call that specifies the module by name and causes to be retrieved on
demand. For MobileFrontend to pretend that the module doesn't exist at that
point seems like a design flaw of the targets system. I'm happy to specify
mobile as a target for this module, but I think this is a point of friction
between ResourceLoader and MFE that will continue to be a source of
problems until it is resolved.