On 04.11.2013, 16:50 Mark wrote:

> Ori, Thank you for this fun-to-read introduction to Module Storage.

> I wonder if this will have any affect on low bandwidth users.  It seems
> like this would help if someone had only a 2G/GPRS connection, but do a
> lower percentage of those users have browsers that can use Module
> Storage?  If so, is there anything that we can to do address this issue?

> I imagine there are things we could do in the software, but those things
> would take work and time that might not make sense for limited
> resources.  Would it make sense to see if Mozilla has any interest in
> helping to spread HTML5-capable browsers via USB keychains and/or local
> Mozillians?

> Hrm... I should probably go ask them about that.  But I'm curious about
> your perspective and to see if we have any information on the bandwidth
> available to various users.

Most of our mobile traffic is genrated by iOS and Android - both  of
which support LocalStorage, so it will work for them too. The
situation for mobile users in developing countries is less certain -
lots of various browsers with wildly varied support of modern
features. Still, it's a huge improvement for the majority of users.

--
Best regards,
  Max Semenik ([[User:MaxSem]])