On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 7:54 AM, Chad <innocentkil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 13, 2014 5:54 AM, "Brian Wolff" <bawo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Total guess, quite likely wrong: dont outbound http requests on cluster go
>> through a proxy? Perhaps that proxy also has a whitelist.
>>
> Correct. All MW http requests are proxied in production. Ones headed
> externally are subject to a whitelist.
>
> Not in front of my computer so I can't remember where...

Looking through the operations/puppet git repository a bit leads me to
believe that the url-downloader.wikimedia.org proxy is configured
using the files/squid/copy-by-url-proxy.conf squid configuration file
via the misc::url-downloader puppet class. I'm not seeing any acls in
this configuration file that reference particular hosts (eg flickr.com
& staticflickr.com).

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd...@wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]]  Sr Software Engineer                Boise, ID