On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 6:22 PM, Matthew Flaschen
<mflasc...@wikimedia.org>wrote:

> That's not the case.  There are components for software the WMF does not
> use.  This ranges from major projects like Semantic MW to one-off
> extensions that WMF does not have a use for (e.g. Absentee Landlord) to
> tools that work *with* MW but are not part of it (e.g. Tools Labs tools,
> Pywikibot).

I guess it would depend on making the scope of the bug broad enough that it
would seem useful for more than just one site. E.g. one could put
"implement the functionality needed for Inclupedia". That functionality
could be reused for any number of sites, just like SMW's code. On the other
hand, if someone were to say "Switch configuration setting x to true on
Inclupedia" that would be of little interest to non-Inclupedia users, I
would think. I assume that Bugzilla is not intended as the place for all
technical requests for the entire wikisphere?