On 24/01/14 15:11, Jeroen De Dauw wrote:
> Java is a technology with strong and weak sides, like any other.
> Religiously labeling anything that resembles something from it as evil
> because you do not like it is perhaps not the most constructive approach
> one can take. That is quite obvious of course. From my vantage point, it
> definitely seems like a lot of this is going on in the MediaWiki community
> with regards to this topic and several others. Do you think this is not the
> case - good for you. It is however the reason I am very reluctant to join
> any such discussions, and I know this is the case for many other people as
> well.

I think the term "javaification" was introduced to the discussion by
Nik, who is the Java developer working on CirrusSearch, as a kind of
joking self-deprecation. I don't think anyone intended to imply that
everything to do with Java is bad. Daniel proposed an ideal code
architecture as consisting of a non-trivial network of trivial classes
-- a bold and precise vision. Nobody was uncivil or deprecating in
their response.

-- Tim Starling