Hi,

When I started working on wm-bot I was designing it for less than 3
channels. I am really very happy that there are so many people who
like it, and somehow it happened, that the bot is now being used in
more than 170 channels.

That is slightly more than I designed it for, and its maintenance
became really very complicated. For that reason I decided to redesign
it a bit, and I created wm-bot 2.0 which is designed little bit better
for this heavy load, but on other hand it's totally incompatible with
old bot :-). No worries - i created convertor for configuration files
so regular users should see no difference at all.

If everything goes well the best scenario is that nobody see any
change at all (bot shouldn't even disconnect from freenode, so nobody
would literally see any difference), however if something goes wrong,
the bot may disappear from some channels and there may be a logging
gap.

When the deployment is finished, some functions may stop working
because I had to rewrite all plugins (around 20 of them now) and some
of them can be properly tested only under heavy load. If there is
anything broken (I will send another mail when it's all finished)
please make a bugzilla ticket
https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Tools

That's all folks

TL;DR; There is going to be deployment of new version of wm-bot, which
may result in temporary outage (but shouldn't) and some functions may
stop working properly after it.