Google has just announced the organizations accepted in Google Summer of
Code 2014. Wikimedia is one of them. Please fasten your belts.

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/list/public/google/gsoc2014

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2014

We will organize in parallel our participation in FOSS Outreach Program
for Women round 8, just like we did last year.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/FOSS_Outreach_Program_for_Women/Round_8

Please forward the news to potential candidates in your circles.

I don't think we need to beat the numbers of last year (21 participants
in total) but we can do better at completing projects merged in our
repositories, and we should keep the trend of increasing diversity in
projects, gender and geography.

--
Quim Gil
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation