The huge image at the top, pushing all the real content "below the
fold", seems pretty awful to me. I also don't much care for the weird,
vague "feature" bits at the bottom that don't even link to anything
useful and distract from the links to actual useful content just below
them, or the fact that in the "News" section useful stuff like
security releases has been replaced with irrelevancies (and given such
little space that it wraps the headlines after every word or two), or
the lack of mention as to what the current version number is near the
"Get MediaWiki" button.

It seems to me that you probably concentrated too much on the "to
better promote MediaWiki as a product" part and not the "and as a free
software project" part.

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 3:54 PM, Brena Monteiro <monteirobr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I would like to invite you to take a look the preview [1] of MediaWiki
> Homepage. Your opinion, contribution and help are very welcome.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best regards,
>
> [1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki/Homepage_redesign/Preview
>
> Brena Monteiro