On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 6:05 AM, Happy Melon <happy.melon.w...@gmail.com>wrote:

> But
> putting out nine pictures of humans and one picture of a cat and asking for
> the "odd one out" is no easier to misinterpret than a squiggle that might
> be a G or might be a 6.

It seems to me that putting nine pictures of humans and one picture of a
cat is probably not much harder of a computer vision task than trying to
determine which letter a particular squiggle corresponds to, either. (And
that's leaving aside the fact that an 10% success rate for random guessing
seems pretty bad for a captcha.)

So naturally I thought that the real captchas would have a subtler level of
intended oddness, so that the possibility for unintended oddness to confuse
people would be greater.

--
Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
Software Engineer