Hi Hareesh,

Bookmarking pages, partly with the purpose of leaving notes to self about
to-dos, is a long wanted feature. Thank you for considering working on
something closely related.

To ease your work:
 Consider adapting https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Collection for
users to use a "Special:MyUser/My Bookmarks" Collection where they can bookmark
pages and put them into sections, such as "to translate", "to expand", with
comments for each.

Feedback on text:
 I don't see what there is about opting in. A to-do should be available, just
empty in some cases, if people don't like it. A setting could be an
over-complication.

Gryllida.