On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 6:45 AM, Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
<bjor...@wikimedia.org>wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 11:59 PM, Brian Wolff <bawo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > use tabs for indentation instead of spaces to be like the rest of
> > mediawiki?
> >

> I was going to say the same thing. Why wasn't that caught in code review?
>
> If these files continue to use spaces, I'd expect people will write patches
> to en.json and qqq.json using tabs and then l10n-bot will change them to
> spaces.

I would prefer that the JSON files use tabs instead of spaces even if it
requires some post-processing as our coding conventions specify tabs for
all code other than Python. I brought this up a couple weeks ago, but was
just told that I should teach my IDE to use spaces for JSON files. Rather
than having 100 developers waste time messing with their IDEs, many of
which I imagine don't have such a preference, it seems like it would be
more efficient to implement a post-processing script and keep the MediaWiki
codebase consistent regarding indentation.

Ryan Kaldari