On 04/18/2014 04:40 AM, Kevin Israel wrote:
Should the Config and GlobalConfig classes and the associated
RequestContext methods be reverted from 1.23 as an incomplete feature?
As far as I can tell, it is not yet used anywhere, so reverting it
should be easy.

The implementation in core right now is incomplete. Once [3] is merged though, it should be suitable for people to start using it, and I know Reedy had a patch that converted all of the API modules in core to use it.

I would like to have Config make it into 1.23, mainly since it's an LTS, which would allow more extensions to take advantage of it without breaking backwards-compatability.

I was actually working on [3] last night and just updated the patchset, which should address the concerns the reviewers had. But if we're not able to get it merged in time for the 1.23 release, then I would recommend reverting the current implementation out of the release branch.

[3]: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/109850/

-- Legoktm