I'm very happy to announce that Filippo Giunchedi is joining us as an
Operations Engineer in the Technical Operations team. Filippo is Italian, but
he lives in Dublin where he interned at Google and worked at Amazon before
coming to Wikimedia. He's gained a lot of experienced working with large scale
distributed systems and infrastructure there.

Filippo will be working with us remotely. Today is his start day, but we were
lucky to have him join us at our Ops off-site meeting in Athens a few weeks
ago, where he helped improve our monitoring of system metrics with Graphite.

Fiddling with machines has always been his passion - it led to being fascinated
by computers in the late 90s. He got involved in free software projects (e.g.
Debian, as a Debian Developer) in the mid-2000s. System level technologies,
infrastructure, distributed systems and networking are his main interests. On a
different level, he's also interested in online privacy and secure/anonymous
communications (e.g. Tor).

You can find Filippo on IRC (Freenode), using the nick name "godog".

Please join me in welcoming Filippo!

—
Mark Bergsma <m...@wikimedia.org>
Lead Operations Architect