On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 1:17 PM, Chris Steipp <cste...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Different domains is closer to how we run thing in production, but it would
> require copying dns settings to your host (there doesn't seem to be a good,
> cross-platform way to do this from vagrant itself, but if anyone has a
> solution, that would make the decision easy).

We have a public wildcard DNS record for *.local.wmftest.net that
resolves to 127.0.0.1 for just this sort of thing. The Wikimania
Scholarships role uses it to setup a named vhost for
http://scholarships.local.wmftest.net:8080/.

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd...@wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]]  Sr Software Engineer            Boise, ID USA