One interesting idea might be what Reddit does:

For a moderator of a subreddit, whenever they make a post it just appears
normally. However, after posting they can choose to "officiate" it. All
that does is highlight their username a different color and indicates they
are acting in their position as moderator rather than a regular user.

This idea could be applied to edits in core, and maybe posts in Flow. WMF
employees in a special user group could make an edit, and then press a
button on the history page to highlight that as an "official" edit.

*-- *
*Tyler Romeo*
Major in Computer Science