Tony Thomas <01tonytho...@gmail.com> writes:

>           We were having discussions regarding putting the new
> SwiftMailer[1] lib in/out of core, after the merge of the change
> https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/135290. Tyler recommends to add the
> installer code to the composer.json and not to add the SwiftMailer code to
> the core.

Thank you!  I think the more use we make of composer, the better.

I do have one concern about the tarballs we produce.

It looks like it will be necessary to pre-populate vendor with
composer.json dependencies like this one -- libraries that are essential
-- in order to make sure that a tarball installation require downloading
anything but the tarball itself.

Thoughts?

--
Mark A. Hershberger