Oh yay finally.

Ive been wishing we did that for literally years.

Thanks for making this happen.

--bawolff
On May 29, 2014 2:57 PM, "Mark Holmquist" <mtrac...@member.fsf.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For the nth time, in #mediawiki, I've had someone ask how to be able to
mark a bug as resolved, or claim it, or mark it as a duplicate of another
bug. I conceptually know that this means "getting editbugs permissions" but
it happens so infrequently that I never know where to go.

> Usually what happens is this:
> 1. I wrack my brain trying to remember the process for about 30 seconds
> 2. Failing, I try to ping Andre, Quim, and Sumana (none of whom are in
the channel, sadly)
> 3. I search with duckduckgo and pull up nothing of any use
> 4. I search MediaWiki.org and find outdated status reports about
greasemonkey scripts but nothing useful
> 5. I go to the developer hub pages and look at the
welcome-to-the-community process but again find nothing describing this
process

> Solution: We've made every editbugs user able to add editbugs to an
account. I've documented the process here:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Bugzilla#Why_can.27t_I_claim_a_bug_or_mark_it_resolved.3F