A grid system for content authors would be useful as well.  There have
been some discussions about better semantic markup for image widths
and placement as part of the change to image thumbnail sizing which
landed last week and was reverted yesterday.

This doesn't seem to be included in the current RfC (which seems to
concentrate on features for skin authors) -- do the "grid experts"
think that discussion of how this might be used in content would be
on-topic for the discussion tonight?  [7pm Boston time, somehow Sumana
left out the east coast from her list! ;) ]
  --scott

(http://cscott.net)