On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 4:24 PM, Juergen Fenn <schneeschme...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> > The Flow team is going to work in a few weeks on automatically archiving
> > talk pages, so that we can enable Flow on pages where there are already
> > existing conversations. Basically, this means moving the old discussions
> on
> > an archive page, and leaving a link for "See archived talk page" visible
> on
> > the new Flow board.
> >
> > That means there'll be a minute where a currently active discussion would
> > get interrupted, and have to be restarted on the new Flow board. That
> will
> > be a pain, but it would only be a one-time inconvenience during that
> > transition moment.
>
> Interesting point. Thanks for keeping us up to date. You might like to
> know, though, that on German Wikipedia most discussions about Flow
> seem to focus on how to turn it off or how to keep it out of the
> project altogether. Switching to Flow would require a community
> consensus anyway. So could you please consider a global switch for
> communities that would rather like to disable these new features
> completely.
>
> Regards,
> Jürgen.
>
> PS. We have never enabled the LiquidThreads extension neither. And the
> new Beta link up right did not stay there for long.

Flow has to be improved further until reaching a state where it will be
deployed generally. That tipping point is not going to be soon, and will be
at different times on various wikis.

During the process of getting there, the team needs as much patient and
insightful feedback as we can collectively give them, regarding what
existing features we need to match (along with examples and edge-cases) and
what new features we'd love to have created. It aims to result in something
better for newcomers *and* better for all types of poweruser. Just like VE,
it's an epic-scale and long-term project, that has to be deployed step by
step as VE should have been instead of its quick early introduction.

Slow and steady feedback at the talkpage
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Flow>, over the months and years
ahead, is much appreciated.

--
Quiddity / Nick