Hoi,
Now that ONLY indicates that stock agencies have a similar problem to
Commons, it does not help finding images or indicates a path we could take
to improve things.

When images are gaining tags as part of the Wikidatification of multi
mediafiles we at least have a way to add multi lingual support and, that
does improve things on what we have today.
Thanks,
     GerardM