On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 6:27 AM, Bartosz Dziewoński <matma....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm reasonably sure that the HTTP and HTTPS protocols are smart enough to
> recognize "cut off" requests, and that any servers whatsoever are smart
> enough to implement this behavior.

Actually not. multipart/form-data POST requests have an end marker,
but application/x-www-form-urlencoded requests have not - they use the same
param1=foo&param2=bar format GET URLs do, there is no way to tell if that
is cut off. Lower-level protocols will deal with issues like lost packets
or network disconnection, but if the body of the request is truncated
because of an error in the sending HTTP library, like using a buffer that
is too small, there is no way the server could detect that.