I see in my drafts that I did not write up the second half of this summary,
discussing UI Styling, SQL Abstraction, Configuration, Frontend
performance, and Service-oriented architecture. Anything I say now would be
pretty obsolete; nevertheless, my apologies.

I did today reorganize the
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment queue so it's much
clearer which RfCs are complete and awaiting community feedback. I hope
this is useful at Wikimania.

Sumana Harihareswara
Senior Technical Writer
Wikimedia Foundation